Our fireplace was burning with a horrible gas smell and we had been afraid to use it with our 1 year old in the house. It's 20 years old and we had never serviced it in the 12-14 years we have lived there. I looked at a lot of different companies before booking with Wammoth Services, and I still didn't know what to expect when they arrived.
The Hearth Specialist, Bill, took his time cleaning all the years of soot off the fireplace glass, realigning logs and cleaning up inside of, and underneath the hearth. I was so impressed by his thoroughness and his willingness to explain, so much so that I would be more informed enough to even mention realigning logs. Bill confirmed that even with just the pilot light on, the fireplace was so dirty it was putting off carbon monoxide. He cleaned it so well and it's such a relief.
If you don't even know the last time you cleaned your fireplace, do it! I'd you want it done by a reputable and great company, use Wammoth Services. I am really glad that I did.
Never thought I would be showing off a 20 year old fireplace, but just take a look at the pic!